GEP partner DMCs are selected based on exemplary service and reputation in the industry. A DMC is invited to become a GEP partner only after proving compliance with a stringent set of criteria designed to ensure the highest possible quality in event and destination management.
Since inception, GEP’s US and International partner advisory boards continuously evaluate and update the rigorous selection criteria, to ensure that the highest quality standards are met and maintained.
Current partner criteria include:
- Minimum of five years in business as a DMC
- Minimum of two bank references
- Minimum of three client and vendor references
- Minimum of $2,000,000 in liability insurance*
- Membership, and preferably leadership, in two national professional organizations
Our standards, though considered rigorous by many companies, are part of the standard operating procedures of the GEP partner DMC.
Current service performance standards include:
- Guarantee of Request for Proposal acknowledgement within 24 hours of receipt
- Guarantee of an individualized proposal within 72 hours
- Guarantee of accessibility to key DMC staff 24 hours a day during program events
- Guarantee of delivery of final invoices within 14 days of program event completion
- Guarantee of advanced disclosure of all financial and policy information regarding site inspections
- Provision of at least three letters of reference by local vendors and clients upon request
- U.S. Partners guarantee to abide by the following risk management standard:
- Maintain current certificates of insurance of all key suppliers for a minimum of $1 million liability
- Require key suppliers to name DMC as additionally insured
- Conduct at least one annual meeting with key suppliers to reiterate safety and service expectations and to review insurance and vendor agreements
- Require a signed supplier agreement asserting compliance with all laws, ordinances, licenses, permits, rules and regulations, and service levels commensurate with the highest standards of the industry
*If a country has legal limitations on their insurance coverage, GEP DMCs will maintain the maximum coverage allowed by their local laws. Coverage may be in a country’s currency.